Background

Monday, November 11, 2019

Salt Cure

While studying and writing a treatise on the curative properties of salt, I gave birth to twins, a boy and a girl. I wasn't sure what to do with them, and oddly enough, I had no milk. It made me sad, for I'd always regretted being bottle fed, myself. Like some fundamental need had never been met.

That notwithstanding, we set out for milk. My sister went ahead with the girl, and I was making headway in leaving with the boy when all the relatives showed up to see the babies. That's when I discovered I was somehow outside the house with no key and no baby. The door was unlocked, so I opened it, only to come to the startling realization that the boy had been an orange kitten all this time!

I nabbed the cat by the scruff of the neck, recalling my roommate had also gotten an orange kitten, and I wasn't altogether certain which one was mine. The scene transformed into the dark, where I could hear the music of a siren singing from a lighted window in a stone tower.

Salt Cure
I passed it and looked out to where veterans of an ancient war were denied entrance because of their wounds. The vial of salt studies was in my hand, and I saw that the salt had dried all the impurities in the vial, and they had flaked harmlessly to the bottom of the bottle.

"This!" I cried. "This can help the veterans so they can be part of our world, but be sure to deny the siren's song when you enter."


The moral of the story is:

Let's give the play a new Twist
And call it Olive, shall we?

Please, sir, can I wash my hair?

Image: https://www.fengshuiweb.co.uk/just-how-important-are-salt-water-cures/

No comments:

Post a Comment